The aim of the Glory of God Children’s Ministry is to nurture our children into a closer personal relationship with Jesus Christ from their early days. This is in line with biblical admonishment to train children in the way they should go… (Proverbs 22:6). Further to this, it is the desire of our heavenly Father that children come unto Him and do not perish (Matthew 19:14; 18:14).
The Children’s Ministry include all children in the church between the ages of
18 months to 19 and they are assigned to classes based on their age groups:
- Treasures: Ages 18 months – 4
- Kingdom Stars: Ages 5 – 8
- Pre-teens: Ages 9 – 13
- Teenagers: Ages 14 – 19
The focus of the Children’s Ministry is:
- To team-up with parents in laying a godly foundation for our children.
- To teach biblical truth to our children, emphasizing that God is real and that a personal relationship with Him gives meaning to life.
- To provide a safe, secure, loving and fun environment for children to participate positively in, where parents feel comfortable leaving their children.
The Boys’ and Girls’ Brigades are also part of our Children’s Ministry. The Brigade is made of the following groups:
- Anchors: 5 – 8 years
- Juniors: 9 – 11 years
- Company: 12 – 15 years
The aims of Boys’ Brigade (BB) is the advancement of Christ’s kingdom among Boys and the promotion of habits of Obedience, Reverence, Discipline, Self-respect and all that tends towards true Christian manliness.
The aim of the Girls Brigade (GB) is to see the lives of girls transformed. Key to this is enabling all members of the GB develop their skills, explore Christian faith, make friends for life and encounter the hope offered by engaging with God’s offer for us to experience ‘life to the full’. Part of the experience of members of the GB will involve initiatives to speak out about and act for justice, leadership training, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme, The Queen’s Award, mission trips and local community service.